Monday 18 February 2008

Priorities?

So I went out this morning to shop for a few items of clothing. The items in question were a suit, which I had heard was on sale, a new pair of running shorts and some seriously thick socks for my coming trip to Alaska. What did I come home with? A case of beer and some toilet paper! Men! Go figure!

I would like to present the following explanation though, before you throw your head back in dismay, or disbelief, or complete amusement, whichever comes first. On my trip to Houston, Texas this weekend, fortune served me a Winter’s Bourbon Cask Ale at dinner. It is an auburn coloured seasonal ale that has been brewed with dark roasted caramel malts and then aged on bourbon oak casks and whole Madagascar vanilla beans. Needles to say you have to taste it to appreciate it. It is quite possible one of the finest beers I have tasted on my travels. Hence my reason for buying some when I happened to see it in the local wine and beer store. Ok, so I went looking for it.

PS. The toilet paper purchase has no reflection on the ale. We simply needed toilet paper in our apartment!


No comments: